Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride...

Tonight I am drinking Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride from Celestial Seasonings.  It's one of their Holiday Teas.  After having tried two other Holiday Teas based on reviews on Steepster, I am once again shaking my head.


When you open the box, there is a wonderful aroma of sugar cookies.  You will almost expect sugar cookies to actually be in the box.  Don't be let down when you see there are in fact none in the box.

I make myelf a cup & while the tea is steeping, I cut myself a piece of this amazing blueberry crumb cake that I had made.  I tweaked my recipe again & I'm looking forward to seeing if it's an improvement.  Plus I'm testing out a new cake pan.

The tea left a wonderfully sweet smell in my kitchen.  And bringing the cup to my nose for a quick inhale, I am still craving sugar cookies.

And now for the first sip...
Not bad...not great, but not bad.  But it needs a little something.  A little agave perhaps...

I add a little light amber agave & try another sip.  Not too bad.  Nothing overly impressive, but not bad.



I'm still on the fence about this tea with only a few sips taken.  I am guessing a second cup is going to have to be made to really make up my mind.


The cake turned out delicous which made me happy.  The tea however, still needed to convince me I had to like it.

So on to the second cup....



I read a few reviews of this tea on Steepster & I saw that someone mentioned they sweetened the tea with light brown sugar.  Luckily I have some light brown sugar available since I just used some earlier in the blueberry crumb cake.

It darkened the tea a little, but didn't do much for the flavor.

Overall, I wanted to like this tea because of the initial smell when I opened the box.  I had a craving for sugar cookies, but the taste of the tea didn't deliver.  I got a funky aftertaste that maybe is supposed to be a sugar cookie.  Too hard to tell.  I just know I won't buy this tea again.

Oh well.
C'est la vie!
There are plenty of other teas yet to be tried & blogged about.

No comments:

Post a Comment