Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Red Velvet in a tea?

If you have a sweet tooth that needs to be fed, it can ruin you when you are trying to lose weight.  Even worse, it will wreck you when you are doing the Biggest Loser at work & the first weigh in is after Super Bowl Sunday!

So when your sweet tooth tries to call the shots & its' demands for their sweet fix is at an all time high, feel free to carelessly give in to its demands.  Just be sure to have a tin of Red Velvet Chocolate tea on hand.

Found the first time by chance, The Republic of Tea's Red Velvet Chocolate is a definite must have in my stash of teas.  It's one that I could drink daily, but would rather have it less often or face the possibility of being bored with the same tea time after time.

Caffeine free herb blend with rooibos, chocolate, vanilla & beer root, Red Velvet Chocolate is truly sinful!  When I first tried this tea I was amazed at how I felt like I was drinking red velvet cake batter.  I was certain this was going to add weight to my hips.

Luckily, it hasn't!

Instead, it satisfies my sweet tooth's demands.  It kept the sweet tooth amused & allowed my body to relax & enjoy the red velvet cake batter....without the high calorie guilt!

I swear the wonderful tea magicians at The Republic of Tea have added the vanilla to magically add a cream cheese frosting to the flavor.  I dare not ask how they do it.  I am merely going to allow them to mystify me.  I'll just remain in oblivious awe as I sip this wonderous potion.

Thanks to Wikipedia for some of the following information...
Rooibos pronounced ROY-BOSS, is Afrkaan for red bush a plant that is only grown in a small region of the Western Cape province in South Africa.

It's often called bush tea, redbush tea, South African red tea or just red tea.

In South Africa, rooibos is often served with milk & sugar.

Rooibos is known for high levels of antioxidants & its lack of caffeine.  It's been found to help aid with nervous tension, allergies & digestive problems.

I find it helps me get to sleep easier.

Oh this lovely flavor.
That warm & wonderful taste.
So sinful.
So delicious!

Tonight I will use my pretty tea for one set bought from Distinctive Decor.  I stumbled upon the site from a link on Steepster.  While checking out various tea sets, I spotted this one set.  It's so girlie, that I had to have it.

I love feeding my tea accessory collection!

The set caught my attention with the cool handles on the teapot & cup.  They look like butterfly wings.  The floral raised patterns make it dainty.  And the pretty pink color makes it feminine.  I love it!




I love my tea obsession!  I love trying new flavors & finding something wonderfully delicious to excite my taste buds.

Feel free to check out Distinctive Decor, follow the link here....
http://www.distinctive-decor.com/

And follow me on Steepster, follow the link here...I'm SunnyinNY.....
www.steepster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment